Best Wheel Bearing Grease
How vital is grease in auto maintenance? A well-maintained grease formula is utilized to protect car components or parts and, at the same time, boost your car’s performance.
A wheel bearing is just one vital part of your vehicle that requires lubrication in order to minimize wear and keep them safe from oxidization. Lubricating your car’s bearings regularly make sure a smooth and good rotation of the tire and wheel when driving.
There are many types of wheel bearing greases available, but to find the best one with the right formula for your usage, you will need an overview of which products a lot of people like better. This is because these greases have a formula, which is perfect for long-term protection.
That is why we have given you the top best wheel bearing grease available on the market. Below is the list of the most sought after wheel bearing greases to see which one is ideal for your usage.
Types of Wheel Bearing Grease
There are many kinds of wheel greases available, and each one is intended to a specific use. Prior to making a purchase, think about what the product has because this will affect the maintenance of your wheel bearing.
There are many kinds of wheel bearing grease available, and each product has its capability to maintain your car’s wheel bearing.
- White Lithium Grease: This is considered the most common type of wheel bearing because it is a multipurpose. Usually, this is utilized on applications with metal to metal contact to lessen corrosion and friction. This is also water repellant.
- Multipurpose Grease: This grease has components that are intended for more than one kind of application. This kind of grease can be utilized for residential and industrial applications. Some multipurpose grease is calcium-based, which is water repellent. You can also find a sodium-based which is temp resistance.
- Disc or Drum Wheel Bearing Grease: Usually, this product is made to lubricate high-performance wheel bearings and is able to survive extreme temperatures generated by vehicle brakes and intended to maintain disc and drum brakes.
- Marine Wheel Bearing Grease: This type of grease is made particularly for wheel bearings as they have additives in the formula, which prevent corrosion and water damage.
- Moly EP Grease: This grease has a compound named molybdenum disulfide made for applications, which produce high-pressure. This is utilized on applications which utilize sliding motions, ball joints as well as U-joints.
Top Wheel Bearing Grease
Mobile 1 Synthetic Grease
If you are looking for high-performance car grease and at the same time offer superb protection against corrosion and rust, look no further than Mobile 1 Synthetic grease. This is an NLGI #2 high-performance car grease that mixes a synthetic fluid with a lithium complex thickener, which offers a high dropping point. On the other hand, additives impart utmost extreme pressure properties as well as superb resistance to water wash and remarkable protection against corrosion and rust. This wheel bearing grease provides its superb performance properties at low and high temperatures. Its high performance and high structural shear stability make the Mobile 1 outstanding car grease.
- It has the capability to offer effective lubrication over long periods.
- Offers bearing protection a
- Excellent resistance to water washes
- Excellent wear defense under heavy loads
- Remarkable structural stability
- Superb resistance to rust and corrosion
- All-purpose automotive service
Mag-1 Red High-Temp Disc Brake Wheel Bearing Grease
Mag 1 is also one of the best leader wheel bearing greases available. It is easy to use, and cleaning is a breeze. You don’t need to exert extra effort when applying this grease. It gives the best pump capability in changing temperatures and all types of weather.
Dropping point of 500 degrees Fahrenheit or lower makes it extremely strong and provides a long life. Also, it has a NLGI 2 grade that is the common one in the market and the most versatile.
The operation temp of the wheel bearing grease is 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has oxidation stability of 5 ASTM D942 that is pretty standard in high-quality greases, and it also passed the ASTMD1743 rust prevention test. The very effective penetration of this grease is 265-295 at 77 °F.
- Long life
- Works well in high temperatures
- Amazing working penetration
- Good smell
- You can’t reseal the container.
Star Brite Wheel Bearing Grease
Another best option available is that this wheel grease is made to provide the best protection from various kinds of weather elements. This helps prevent rust and corrosion, as well as wear of the bearings.
This wheel bearing grease can keep working up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. It is surely one of the best greases to use to keep the bearings working great. This is also perfect for pumps, winches, pins as well as anchor chain reels.
- Perfect for pins and pumps
- Amazing lubrication
- Handles various weather elements with ease
- It does need a grease gun to apply.
Lucas Oil Marine Wheel Bearing Grease
This marine grease is made for boats and high-performance cars, which drive in muddy and damp road. It has a thick consistency with polymer, additives as well as anti-wear agents that avoid oxidation.
This grease is packed with over-based calcium sulfonate to prevent the lubricant from washing out. This can also survive high and low temperatures and has extreme properties, which makes this product a superb heavy duty lubricant.
This is NLGI approved with #2 grade, so it has a thick, smooth texture, which acts as an additional layer of security on a wheel bearing and other metal parts.
- Can be utilized in standard grease guns
- Long lasting
- Easy to use
- Contains anti-rust properties
- Poor packaging
Lucas Oil Heavy Duty Grease
This heavy duty wheel bearing grease is water-resistant, and it is perfect for high-speed bearings. Certified by GC-LB, thus, it can be utilized to lubricate chassis and bearings. This is also an Original Equipment Manufacturer product, which increases the durability of metal and, at the same time, makes an extra layer of security against oxidization.
It has additives that prevent copper corrosion is you reside on the coast in a damp saltwater environment. It also contains Polyurea thickener. It has smooth consistency without abrasiveness. This makes it easy to use and apply regardless of the surface.
- Does not leak
- NLGI rated
- Goes beyond OEM requirements
- Does not dry out
- Delivery is slow
Best Wheel Bearing Grease Buying Guide
There are factors to consider when buying the best wheel bearing grease such as:
Pressure performance: Make sure to buy a product that is able to tolerate high operating pressures. This is vital to end up with amazing performance every time.
Temperature tolerance: The bearing grease must be in a position to survive the high operating temperatures of your car’s brake. For wheel bearing grease with the most excellent performance means that it can provide on good performance always.
Good water resistance: Make sure the grease is water-resistant to keep the metal from corroding quickly.
Application: Make sure to buy grease, which is easy to apply. Some require a gun for a perfect application.
Viscosity: The best grease has a thickener, which helps keep it in position instead of letting it flow away.
There are a lot of bearing grease products available on the market today. You will be good at making your mind if you know what is ideal for you. This article allows you to make a good decision in choosing the best one for your car. It’s always advisable to select a versatile wheel bearing grease.
Q: Can you put too much grease in a bearing?
A: Overgreasing in a wheel bearing will cause the bearing elements to start churning the grease, pushing it out of the way, leading to rising temperatures and energy loss. This can lead to faster wear of the bearing elements and the failure of the component.
Q: Can you use multipurpose grease on wheel bearings?
A: The main application for multipurpose grease is on chassis components. Don’t use this for disk brake wheel bearing as well as other high heat uses.
Q: Is Lithium Grease good for wheel bearings?
A: This is a very reliable wheel bearing grease because it has a high tolerance of extreme temps as well as good water resistance. This is valuable for car chassis than for a wheel bearing.